SewCalGal Challenge - January

It is January 26th and I finally got around to trying the SewCalGal Challenge. No bad, not wonderful either. Had a lot of problems setting up my Janome 6600 so it would do FMQ correctly. The back kept showing the top stitches. After changing every setting, it occur to me that the sandwich was to thin. So I doubled it by using two different weight battings. I did use the little washer Leah Day suggested in the bobbin and the gloves and the Super Slider. I could see the difference from the first attempt to the last attempt. I am following both FMQ tutorials. I can use all the help I can get. I know Practice, practice, practice.


It is hard to see because I used blue thread. I didn't want to waste it, so I am going to use it on a background on a AAQI Priority Quilt! Will post finished quilt when it is done!

Aileen

Comments

  1. Well done! I see you got the link up part done, as that's how I got here. I just did mine, with only 2 days to spare! Next month's will also be on the late side, as I won't work on it until I return from AZ, but I'll squeak in under the wire again, I'm sure ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment