Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birdie - Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initative

A few months ago I sent in a AAQI quilt called "Birdie".  It is May and it is up for auction at Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative. I am so proud to have a quilt up for auction. I make them with scraps and love. It is a great way to learn and practice new techniques, but more importantly it is a great way to help raise money for Alzheimer's research. We all have been touched by this disease. My neighbor past away a few weeks ago from Alzheimers. She was a lovely lady and will be missed by friends and family. The very first quilt I made was in Jean's honor called  Wonky Relish. That was only a little over a year ago and now she is gone.

 Help fight this disease by making a small priority quilt or buying one at Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

Aileen


1 comment: