Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Take a Hike

Well my "Birdie" quilt raised 75.00 for AAQI. I am so proud to be a part of this endeavor.

This month was very difficult for me. I was not able to sew for the first two weeks. Lot of pain but I just didn't want to give up. It took all month to make my little quilt. A few minutes of sewing time here and there. I wanted something whimsical to take my mind off of my recovery from surgery. I needed to smile. This was out of my comfort zone as far as fabric choice was concerned. Why can't a house be made out of crazy fabric? Why can't a red bird wear rubber boots? Why not! I tend to stick with fabrics that read more solid, tone on tone or are normal in color for the item I am trying to express. The wall hanging for my daughter's birthday was also out of my comfort zone. I enjoyed making it as well. What do you thing?

Aileen





2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! It should be snapped up in a wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog because of this little quilt and I love it! I also quilt and volunteer for this wonderful cause and love finding new bloggers who do so, as well!

    ReplyDelete