Friday, August 10, 2012

August Clean up

I have been cleaning my sewing room this month. Well actually organizing, giving stuff away and throwing stuff away. It started with a search for a book I know I bought a few years ago.  I can't find it. It is Bonnie Hunter's Scraps and Shirtails. I know I bought it because after receiving her Leaders and Enders book in the mail, I rushed out and purchased it so I could make a scrappy quilt with my new "Scrap User's System"!

I was so frustrated that I took my Laptop to my sewing room and did an inventory of all my books. Ended up with 119 on the list. I found one duplicate. Still can't find that book! I now want to do my patterns, including the printouts I have been saving. I purged a full tall kitchen trash can of printout from when I was teaching quilting. I found several sample blocks in the manilla envelopes. More UFO's! Oh MY!!!!

Since August started I have mailed the AAQI quilt in. Joined Block Swap Adventure and mailed out Sunny's block.  Since I am also trying to kill off some UFO's, my daughter suggested I make my grandson a pillowcase with the John Deere fabric I bought for him and put the Name Block on it that has been hanging on my Design wall for several Months. He is 2 years old but very observant. I ran out of room on the wall so I turn it sideways. Every time he passed by he would say "sideways" instead of his name. I used the book called Word Play by Tonya Ricucci to make the letters. Easy and fun. Now I just need to loosen up and do some wonky lettering!


Louis said "Oh John Deere" then ran out of the room with the pillowcase in hand. Got to the living room and stop to look at it again. He proclaimed "SO CUTE"! I would say it was worth the time it took to make it! LOL!

 I received my block from Sunny for the Block Swap Adventure! Very Pretty. Thank you Sunny. The colors are just perfect. Just what I asked for!!   Now I need to make a few myself!!!




Sunny asked for a Star Block so I sent her this one. I hope she likes it!


I also received my Doll Swap Quilt! Thank you Jan it is Awesome.



Its hanging in the sewing room!

1 comment:

  1. Aileen - just to let you know that I added your name and blog to my Lefties List. By the way - did you realize that you come up as a "no-reply" blogger? - you don't have an email contact on your profile - ;))

    ReplyDelete