Saturday, August 4, 2012

August Fun

I finished my AAQI quilt early this time.  I wanted to do something different. I have been sewing crumbs together for weeks. They are fabrics that I used in other quilts. Some people call this "made fabric" or "crumb play". I stared at it on my design wall for a while, trying to decide what to do with it. While cleaning out my closet I came across lace with ribbon weaved into it. I thought the 2 things would look good together. It was so bright and cheery. I added some thread painting to the whole piece to make it pop. I do like the end result!

Fiesta Time
AAQI # 11373
made by 
Aileen Kline

Today while browsing in the Quilting Forum, someone posted that my AAQI quilts were posted at TheQuiltShow.com under the TQS/AAQI Challenge Wow that blew me away! I really enjoy making them. They are small enough to be quick and big enough to try new techniques.

Join the fight for a cure. Make a Alzheimer's Art Quilt. You will be glad you did!

Aileen

No comments:

Post a Comment