Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Blessings


The family came to eat, drink and visit together. It was very nice. My SIL and niece where here this year. They moved to Florida last year. She is moving into her dream farm in a week or two. So excited for her. Can't wait to hang out and watch the wild life. I miss that.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. A lot of work. Hubby did all the cooking. I did the cleaning. Then some peeling, gravy & pies . Carri made sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole. So delicious. Amber made the biscuits and some delicious cookie cupcakes! The daughters did the clean up at the end of the day! Awesome! Thanks girls, you made your mother very happy!


This was Sebastian's first Thanksgiving. He is 6 months today! We put him in a high chair at the end of the table. He just took it all in. Banged away with a spatula. Let him taste frosting. That, he really liked.


Louie Grandma & Sebastian

Grandma & Sebastian



Sebastian loves the camera phone.

Grandma, Grandpa, Sebastian & Raina. Silent Logan in the background


Grandpa and Raina

Grandpa came out of his garage to spend time with the grand kids. Raina is warming up to Grandpa now. Raina told my SIL that she picked the pose with her hand on her face just for this picture. She is quite a character!

Missing this year was Shara. We miss her and hopefully we can have her come next year for the holidays. Its been over a year since I have seen her. 

****************************

Was having a lot of trouble getting into my holiday sewing.  Don't know why, but dragging my feet. I thought about it for several weeks, then realized my list of things was endless. That list is overwhelming! I put away 2 quilts I was trying to rush. This helped tremendously. 

Last week I did repairs on shorts for hubby. They have been lounging in a basket for months. You know what happens when you fix one? Hubster runs into the room with more. He is a happy man now. Favorite shorts fixed.  I am a happy woman because I sewed something that was not stressful. Another thing on my list was to recover dog blanket. So I finished that in half an hour. Dog is thrill believe it or not. his nails are not getting stuck in it anymore.

Have 3 charity quilts to do. One is complete except for hand sewing. Ugh! not my thing. I am a machine sewer through and through. I guess I get that from my mother . Her nickname was Maqinita at the Lion's Club.. Translates to " The Sewing Machine". Second one will be sandwiched today, NO MATTER WHAT! Third one needed some pop! This is where the playing began. I added cupcakes to a rather plain gingham quilt top. Much more fun to look at! All it needs is binding. 



It will be a 3 day sewing marathon for me....well until I need a nap.  
Doll clothes need to be made, and a purse or diaper bag for those clothes. Also a well overdue Tablet stand for Raina. She requested RED! Funny because she loves all things Pink. Well Pink is Red before we add white. I am sure if I ask her she will have an amazing answer for me. 

Lots of Love to All of You
Happy Thanksgiving 
Happy Sewing

Aileen in FL







No comments:

Post a Comment