Thursday, March 9, 2017

March is blowing by

It's been a hectic February and March.

My Grandson had his tonsils & adenoids out the 1st of March. His mother has 10 weeks to go before the new baby boy arrives, and she has a toddler to boot. Grandma was very tired. LOL!

Late January I got Shingles. That was horrible. I was still in pain when I went to Retreat but not contagious!

In February I attend my first Retreat in 6 or 7 years. It's been so long ago that I can't remember. I had a wonderful time.  I got to know some wonderful ladies.


I worked on Allietare quilt. I'm still working on it. It is a Bonnie K. Hunter mystery from a few years ago. I wasn't up to doing it then but took the opportunity to work on it at retreat. It took me 10 days to cut out the fabric!




After coming back, I slept for 2 days! I was very tired but so happy I went.

I took a class from Kathleen Andrews called Convex Illusion. I am still piecing that one. When It is finished it will look like the picture below but with purple instead of yellow.


I decided to put this on hold until I finish Allietare. That quilt is for my bed. It reminds me of fall.

This week was my oldest daughters 41st birthday. She has been bugging me to make her a purse for 3 years at least! Well, I watched about 20 hours of YouTube videos to remind myself how to construct a purse. I have patterns but they have an excessive amount of parts. I am not creating couture for goodness sake.

I did finish it in 7 hours and delivered it to her door. We had her birthday party the day before and the fabric was still being cut.... There is no pattern. I asked her what she was going to carry in it and if she had any request. She wanted a zipper closure and a pocket for her phone, room inside for wallet, keys and a bottle of water. It is about 13wx10h & 2 1/2 inches deep,

At least I did make it. She loves it.



Well on that note I will say adieu. Going to work on Allietare.

This is me entertaining my grandsons at Steak and Shake...silly Grandma!



Happy Quilting

Aileen in Florida






No comments:

Post a Comment