Monday, March 20, 2017

Windy Days

Boy is it windy. I live in Florida and the weather has been crazy here, just like everywhere else. The range of temperatures is nuts. One day it's in the 50's, the next in the 70's and then back down to the 40's and 50's at night.  The best part is using more than one quilt to sleep under! I don't miss living in the north but I do miss the snuggle factor!

I am still working on my Allietare Quilt, I started piecing on February 2. What remains to be pieced are the outer quarter sections all the way around. Then We Can Assemble! Joy, I am almost there. It will be a while until I quilt it. I want to practice ruler work and free motion quilting on smaller pieces first.

 The Guild I belong to has a monthly Art Quilt Challenge. Of late no one was participating. It is a great way to practice your designing, piecing, and quilting skills, in a small format.   I promised to make something for February and forgot about it until I was tucked in bed for the night. I jumped up and pieced together a not so terrific little quilt. I felt like I phoned it in. Not my best work. Its a sad little quilt. However it was one of 3 submitted, so I am glad I made it just the same.


For March, I did much better. I worked on it for a few days. Though I did not win, I was happy with my design and quilting. It's now hanging in my sewing room. The first wall hanging I have made and kept for a long time. It makes me happy every time I pass by it.



Last night I started working on a purse for my 4 year old granddaughters birthday. I made a purse for her mom's birthday a few weeks ago, needless to say Raina wants a new one. It will be My Little Pony fabric. I don't know why I bought so much fabric. I have cut out a purse, short dress, shorts and a pillowcase. I still have enough to make something else.

She has been rocking her new glasses. Of course she picked PINK, it's her favorite color!

Time to hit the road. Many chores to do this cold, windy Monday. Will be back to sewing this afternoon. Raina's birthday is at the end of the month!

Happy Sewing

Aileen in Florida







No comments:

Post a Comment