Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Down Boy!

I started working on piecing the back of the Dog Quilt. Yesterday afternoon I had to make an emergency run to the box store and get more yardage. What was I thinking when I purchased it in the first place. I even added a piece that was suppose to be for the binding. Still at least 8 inches short. I like at least 4 inches of backing fabric all the way around the quilt. Long time ago I made a king size quilt. After quilting 95% of the quilt, it was short 2 inches on one side, I pieced in a strip but was annoyed that I didn't center the quilt correctly. That strip was crooked. Doesn't bother my daughter but it kicks my OCD in the head every time I see that quilt!

Fast forward to this morning. I am determined that this quilt be basted and ready to sew. I have my 2 tables set up in the middle of the living room with not much room to get around. The floor and I are no longer friends when it comes to basting.


  1. Finish piecing back -- DONE
  2. Piece the batting  -- After sewing it wrong and resewing it - DONE
  3. Use Longest ruler to smooth out the back, then batting and
    then the top so sandwich is a smooth as possible.
  4. Pin basted quilt before DH gets home from work and crashes into tables and I have to go back to step 3!!

Its pinning time!

Happy Quilting

Aileen in Florida



No comments:

Post a Comment