Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Unclutter!

I wanted to get some things cut today. When i actually paused and look around i realized, "What a mess!"  I have to laugh because this is not news. If I am working and I have to get something out of the way, I just fling it on another surface. You all know what I am saying.

There was no surface for me to cut on.   My first thought was open up another folding table. Why not? Well,  it is Christmas season and people show up when you least expect it. It would not be cool if they can't step in your front door because there is no path. SO clean up was in order. I made a spot to cut on my table..... The chaos was still there. So i clean a little more. I needed to clean off the design wall. A lot of failed ideas up there that are slowing me down. Better but not perfect. I can work with this for now.

I am working on cutting out Book pillowcases for the grand kids. 18x18 with a pocket on the front. Time to dig through the fabric bins.

#1 Grandson likes Green. I decided to make him a regular pillow and maybe a book pillow. The book I got him is so heavy that it will probably tear the pocket. It's Rigley's Believe it or Not. He does not like to read books, but he loves this weird stuff.

#2 Grandson also likes green specially the Mine Craft Creeper. This will take more work since I have to cut a few dozen squares to make the face. His book is a Mine Craft's Ender book. Looks like comic book to me but very thick.

#3 Granddaughter LOVES pink. She also loves My Lil Pony. I have a sliver of MLP fabric left from a purse I made her which can be the pocket. I found a Unicorn book. Its not MLP but I is a lovely story.

#4 Grandson (age 2) loves everything #2 has. Thinking blue but will have to check my novelty fabrics. Maybe cats. He loves cats. The book I got for him is a Dr Suess book "Because a little bug went KACHOO!." He laughs his head of when someone sneezes.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I really need to declutter my space too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete