Monday, January 1, 2018

Voice


Happy New Year 
to my family, friends and online friends!

Word of the year.... 

Negative comments were part of my growing up. It did stunt my creative Voice.  I let this happen over and over. I find it hard to trust my voice when I create. Those negative people fly into my head. What would so and so think of this? Yet when I give those people a gift from my heart, they seem to like it but its not what I really wanted to make. I chickened out and use some other makers vision/voice. I tend to get nervous when I use my Voice and create something original. Is it good enough? Will people get what I am trying to say through my art. Then I stop myself, stare at it for days and finally put it away.  I need to trust my own Voice, My own thoughts. 

My word for 2018 is Voice. It really should be the phrase:
Trust My Voice. 

Aileen in Florida


No comments:

Post a Comment