Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Post Quilt Show

This weekend was our biannual Quilt Show. It was Fantastic. Over 400 quilts on display, Basket Walk, Boutique and demonstrations. The Art Quilt Challenge, the Silent Auction and the Young Quilts were wonderful. 

I entered All Wrapped Up and had it judged. Scary for me. It is my first quilt in a show. Was a simple quilt because it is for my grandson who will be 1 years old in May. I hope he drags it until it is a rag!

My report card from judging was very good. 6 Good and 3 Satisfactory. No needs improvement.! I worked hard getting those corners sharp!! LOL! Ribbon was for 1st time exhibitor. It was fun to see it hanging and have visitors ask me about this quilt.



The members worked very hard to make it a success. I couldn't do much due to me being a hot mess so I volunteered for the Patriotic Booth. I had fun talking with the guest and selling $1.00 donation tickets for a Travel bag filled with sewing goodies and fabric and tower of patriotic fabrics, supplies and a mini quilt. Proceeds will go to the Veterans. We did quite well in ticket sales.

We also had a few Quilts Of Valor presentations. Very emotional. The black white and red quilt is made from one of our members Navy uniforms. Her uniform is hanging next to it. It was just beautiful. She and her husband both received Quilts of Valor for their service. We had 3 other presentations during the show.

The members of the guild have been adding to this members quilt for years. Sorry to say I still have not submitted mine and have been a member since 1999. Procrastination, thy name is Aileen. This year for sure! It is double sided



RSC -PURPLE

I worked on my scraps as I have been refolding my fabric. I found quite a bit of purple. I didn't have anything in mind to make as yet, so I made 52 - 4 patch blocks so far. I also found some 3 1/2 inch string blocks from way back when.... I still have more to make. The bucket next to the 4 patches still has quite a bit of fabric. I also found more purple scraps under my Martelli table... Lets see how many quilts I get out of the 4 patches! 




Stash Report  2/18 -2/24  Week 8 - 2018
Fabric used this week: 0 yard   Scraps only this week
Fabric used to Date:     9 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 7 yards

Net used for 2018: 9 yards

350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
Blocks made 50
YTD made 55



15 Minute Challenge:  

2/18- 2/24         7 of 7 days
2018 Total          44 of 54 days
Percentage of days sewn 81%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[

Linking to So Scrappy RSC 18


Linking to Prairie Moon Quilts 350 Block Challenge

Happy Quilting

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment