Sunday, March 25, 2018

Marching along

The month is almost over. It has been lovely here for that past week though a bit windy. Kids were on spring break. I got to see them a lot.

I did manage to sew everyday. I folded more fabrics and put away tools I had forgotten I had. I also fixed my granddaughters beloved backpack zipper. She was in tears about the zipper breaking on the last day before spring break. I did what I could. Wasn't pretty but it works. Only has to last until the end of school.



Thursday was Road Trip! Took the three boys and their mom to Aunt Robins farm. I only took 2 pictures because we were having such a good time. They chased the chickens and ducks, dug in the dirt, and collected giant pine cones. They were in heaven. They don't go outside much where we live because every few feet there are ant mounds.




Yesterday I watch the 2 littlest grandsons Age 2 and age 10 months.  They physically beat me up by climbing on me. Old injured Grandma is easy to climb. I can't run away fast enough. Ha Ha! I taught the 2 year old to open and close his pajama zipper. I am sure his mother will appreciate this...NOT! He is a nudest and after the novelty wears off he will streak around the house.



Their parents had such a great time at the Renaissance Festival a few weeks ago, they decided that their 8 year old would enjoy this adventure as well. I was a bit nervous for him as he is autistic and sometimes gets extremely over stimulated and falls apart. They had a blast. The first event they watch was birds of prey. The announcer stated that everyone was allowed to use outside voices. My daughter said that is all he needed to hear and he let himself relax. He enjoyed the jostling and was cheering for the good knight! He also won a Nemo stuffy from the fishbowl ring toss. WTG Louie!!! In the end his favorite thing was the tiny bonsai tree he came home with.



Today I am tasked with making a Little paper doll quilt for Raina. She will be 5 on Thursday. I saw a few online but could not afford to buy the pattern and print it out. I am out of ink and the cartridge is $36 dollars plus the pattern was 12.99. I could buy a nice present for that amount of money. So tomorrow I will try to get the body done and go from there. If it doesn't work I have money I didn't spend to go buy a present. LOL.





Stash Report   3/19 -3/24  Week 12- 2018
Fabric used this week: 1/2 yards  + Scraps 
Fabric used to Date:     10 1/2 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 47 yards
Net used for 2018: 10 1/2 yards      Net in the red -   36 1/2 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards

350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
3/19-3/24
Blocks made 0
 YTD made 181




15 Minute Challenge:  
3/19- 3/24          7 of 7 days
2018 Total          70 of 80   days
Percentage of days sewn 87%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!


Link to Stash Report March 25. 3018

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you come up with for the paper doll quilt will be fine. She won't know it didn't come from a pattern. Adorable grandkids, glad you get to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete