Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Stash April 29th and teeth

This was a very rough week for me. I had to drive down to Naples Florida to have a root canal and 2 other teeth worked on. This is my worst nightmare. I do not like anyone touching my teeth and will put it off indefinitely. I couldn't put it off any longer. I had an abscess that must have been there for a few years. After getting a 4th round of antibiotics in a 3 month period, it was time.

You may wonder why I waited so long since my brother is a dentist. Well
1 - I am a chicken when it comes to teeth. Very bad experiences as a kid and teen.
2 - He lives over 3 hours from me. AND it is a little weird to have your younger brother drilling in your mouth. He is a very kind man with a good sense of humor. So he did try to put me at ease. Even the Valium I took didn't calm me down. His staff was wonderful as well. They came in just for me. I was the only patient that day.

My husband drove me or I probably would have bailed.
My brother was very patient and gentle. I was shaking like a mini earthquake. The session was 4 hours due to calcification under the abscess that was thick and hard to drill out. That tooth needed a root canal. So since I was a captive audience, he did two other teeth. I have to go back for the crowns in a few weeks. There are 2 more teeth that need fillings replaced but that should not be as traumatic.

Since my anxiety was very high, and I was a bag of nerves all week, only 2 blocks were made. A bunch were ironed and ready to trim. Didn't want to cut my fingers from the shaky hand holding a rotary cutter so they will get trimmed today.




Stash Report   4/22-4/28  Week 17- 2018
Fabric used this week: 0 yard  + Scraps 
Fabric used to Date:     13 1/2 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 52 yards
Net used for 2018: 13 1/2 yards      Net in the red -   40  yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards


350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
4/22 - 4/28
Blocks made 2
YTD made 222




15 Minute Challenge:  
4/22- 4/28         4 of 7 days
2018 Total          99 of 114
   days
Percentage of days sewn 87%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!
UFO finished for March - 0  I am consistent!!! 




4 comments:

  1. I also avoid the dentist at all costs. Bad experiences in my youth, and lots of dental work in my early 20's. Only emergency stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the worst of it is behind you. You're lucky to get such special treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've gotten the worst of it behind you on the dentistry work. Hope you have more relaxing time to spend on stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a really good dentist - I've spent my life in the offices of really good dentists. LOL As a result, I still have most of my teeth at twice the age my mother lost all of hers. It isn't my favorite thing, but liking the dentist does help! So does buying fabric after you survive the hours in the dentist's office. LOL

    ReplyDelete