Sunday, March 18, 2018

Finish the Clean up . Hopefully

Dress was a success. She felt really pretty and princess like in it. What else can a mother want.
Oh but the mess in my sewing was over the top. I let it go until Monday. Wiped out from kid sitting. So now it will be my time. On with the clean up!!! HA!

I have to stop looking for easy patterns and just sew. The inspiration online is overwhelming at times.

Continued folding fabric and pulling scraps. Not many in the pink tub but quite a few in 3 green tubs. March RSC is green. Time to sew a few things together. Still have not sewn Green but have a full sweater tub of green scraps. SMH. Green remains my favorite color.  I still have brown to fold today.

Now I have a dilemma. What I have left to fold is Novelty. Cats, Dogs, Childrens, Stars, Celestial, 4th of July, Halloween, Easter....you get the idea. They currently have there own sweater tubs with the scraps in them. I also have a huge Rubbermaid tub of Christmas fabric.

My question is: Do I leave them separated or treat them as color and put them with the rest of the fabric? 
I have another set of shelves on the other side of closet. I stopped buying novelty fabric a long time ago because I rarely use it. I do want to make 2 I spy quilts but will be cutting a piece off of each fabric as I fold them.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you do with your novelties.

I found a baggie of really ugly bits that one of the ways and means lady gave me to put together. Oh boy....so I search and search and found a pattern that may suit these questionable fabrics. Not to much thinking involved but the result may be good for these sad fabrics.
X Marks the Block by FabricTherapy. Below is the first step. I think I will use my scraps to do the side strips.



Stash Report   3/11 -3/18  Week 11- 2018
Fabric used this week: 1 yards  + Scraps 
Fabric used to Date:     10 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 47 yards
Net used for 2018: 10 yards

      Net in the red -   37 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards

350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
3/11-3/18
Blocks made 29
 YTD made 181




15 Minute Challenge:  
3/11- 3/18          5 of 7 days
2018 Total          63 of 73 days
Percentage of days sewn 86%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!




4 comments:

  1. I store my novelties with their colors, but I only have a few of those fabrics. And I do mean count on one hand few. The exceptions are the 1930s and 1940s prints, real thing not reproductions. I store all those together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There! Great question! I store my novelty and holiday fabrics separate. My holiday fabrics are separated by holiday. It sounds like my stash is much smaller than yours, but that's what works for me. Your fabric looks so pretty all folded up and ready to be sewn up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I store my holiday and some of my theme fabrics separately. I make wildlife-themed quilts, so they have their shelf, but my dog fabrics get mixed into the color shelves. It make sense to me, but not to my friends. On the other hand, I know where my yardage is, and that is what matters. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep my holiday, batiks and "collections" fabrics (butterflies in my case) in separate stacks. I'd store them like you'd use them. So if you were going to make a holiday quilt, wouldn't you want all those holiday fabrics together so you could just pull those piles out and select from those. Congrats on finding time to stitch this week. Thanks for linking up with 15 minutes to stitch.

    ReplyDelete