Monday, September 3, 2012

AAQI September Mini Quilt - The Mouser!

Hi Ladies: I just wanted to show you my September mini. It all started because I was watching a blog hop using a bunch of stacked bowls. I thought that was really neat, but I was to late to join the fun. I freehand cut a bowl and then had to figure out what I wanted in the bowl. I put white on the lip so it looked like a spillover and then thought about a cat. Why would a cat risk getting wet? To chase a mouse!! So a quilt was born. 

AAQI is still collecting mini quilts. Ami Simms was feature in Woman's Day for October. I imagine this will help sell a lot of quilts. This will also deplete the supply going to Houston in November. I am going to try a make a few more this month.

Join the fun and donate a 9 x 12 mini quilt to Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative ! All skill levels welcomed and all profit goes to research!

Come on Ladies make just One
! It will really help! 

2 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I'm sure it will be a winner for AAQI as cat fans wouldn't be able to resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aileen, this is absolutely darling! But even cuter, the precious kitty on her blog header! Love that photo! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for making quilts for AAQI. I think you do wonderfully well with your donations!

    ReplyDelete