Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It's my birthday! Stitch and stash 12-15-18

Happy week before Christmas. This is a hectic time for all of us. Yesterday was my birthday. I sewed, and sewed, and sewed until my hands could not sew anymore. The kids came over about suppertime to celebrate Grandmas old age. Ha Ha! I was given handmade gifts. What could be better. I love them all.

We had homemade cake. It was the best cake I ever had. Carri used boxed cake but put brownies in it. Oh my goodness, it was just unbelievably delicious!

My sewing room is quite the mess right now but here is a picture of my gifts.
 Carri painted this sunflower. It brought back memories of visiting my aunt in Queens, NY when I was about 6. I felt like I stepped into OZ! She had one lone sunflower! I had never seen such a large flower before.  She lived next to a nunnery. I had to climb the wall and peak over to see what it looked like. There was a very pretty garden. I lived in the Bronx. No trees or gardens. It was magical.



Amber made the "When life gives you Scraps make a quilt".
The background is my actual scrap fabrics. So Cool.

Raina made all the hearts! They all came out so lovely. Great job Raina!


My mom loved her fabric napkins. Not sure about the pot holders

I was able to get 90% of Carris handbag done, then my hands gave out and so did my brain. Stabbed myself with the seam ripper, bit my tongue, slammed my toe. DONE!



Today I finished 2 pouches for my grandson to give his teachers. They go the extra mile with him. He is on the spectrum and they talk him into a calm state quite often.


Going forward I will report the Fifteen minutes to stitch but not the fabric usage. Following my fabric usage didn't stop me from buying more or less fabric. It didn't make me use my stash. So I am retiring that idea to simplify my blog.

  
15 Minute Challenge:  
Week 50        7 of 7 days
2018 Total         277 of 349 days

Happy Sewing! Happy Holidays!!!

Aileen in FL




3 comments:

  1. You can never hear it enough so I'll say HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!! Oh My!, That sure was a rough sewing day! Your gifts are are wonderful. I really love the scrappy quilt in a frame. I thought the red on the coffee fabric was part of the fabric. I can now see that it is your quilting. I love that added touch.

    ReplyDelete