Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Stash May 6, 2018

Its Sunday. I had all three boys yesterday. Mommy needed a break. She picked up the 1 year old at 10:30 pm. He passed out on me in my rocking chair. The 2 year old and the 9 year old stayed over night. We didn't get to bed until 11:30. Read Pete the Cat to the 2 year old, then tucked him into the crib, which he calls baby jail. LOL. He fell asleep and I read one chapter of the Indian in the Cupboard with Louis. We are really enjoying sharing this chapter book. I purchased it for him to read himself but then realized it was a little bit difficult. Now when he sleeps over we read a chapter and discuss it. The Indian said he lived in a long house not a Tepee. Louis said, "then he must be from NY"!. So we googled it and got some more information. He must have learn about the long house during Thanksgiving discussion about the Pilgrims and Indians.

As for quilting and sewing, I did finish my April UFO binding and hanging sleeve. I still have to make a label, but I hung it up anyway.


I have not put anything on the quilt rack since Christmas. It was about time for something new.

Today I am mending my pants. They seem to have shredded in the butt. The rest of the pants are fine. I hate to buy more in that size since I want to lose a lot of weight. So I am fixing them and will wear them around the house. It has been years since I even thought of "mending" something other than a zipper. I had viewed a quilter that does mending services by hand. I don't have the time or patience for mending by hand. I used a piece of my husbands old T-shirt and sewed a patch on the inside then went over and over the damage until it covered the holes. Just like grandmas everywhere mended socks.  Here is a video I found after I was done that may explain what I did.


Stash Report   4/29-5/05  Week 18- 2018
Fabric used this week: 1 yard  + Scraps 
Fabric used to Date:     14 1/2 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 52 yards
Net used for 2018: 14 1/2 yards      Net in the red -   37. 5 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards


350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
4/29 - 5/05
Blocks made 0
YTD made 222




15 Minute Challenge:  
4/29- 5/05        4 of 7 days
2018 Total          103 of 121
   days
Percentage of days sewn 85%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!
UFO finished for March - 0  I am consistent!!! 
UFO finished For April - 1 Spool Wall hanging! Woot




3 comments:

  1. Great job on the finish! Love the polka dot for the border and binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Pete the Cat until my grandson wanted Pete the Cat and the Rotten Banana for Christmas. I just bought some Pete the Cat fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the very pretty finish and on finding time to stitch this week. It can be challenging some weeks.

    ReplyDelete