Monday, June 20, 2011

Vacation

This was a nice vacation. Didn't go anywhere but got a lot of stuff sorted and put away. Dropped off a trunk full of stuff to Salvation Army. It was also my 38th Wedding Anniversary. We went out to diner in a little whole in the wall restaurant my daughter found. Good Italian food with Frank Sinatra singing in the background. So much food, got a doggie bag for the leftovers.

Finished my Alzheimer's quilt for June. Came out really sweet. My challenge was to use an orphan block that had been sitting around on my ironing board for 3 months. It was left over from my first Small quilt swap. What should I do with it. After looking at it for a while I decided that I either wanted to create a story or make a scene. But what? While looking out my sewing room window, I kept thinking about the rotten caterpillars that ate all my pepper plants last year.  And so a theme was born! I call it:
Midnight Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment