Wednesday, February 28, 2018

OMG March





February sped by so quickly. I didn't get a change to work on my One Month Goal until tonight. Sigh!!



It had been so long since I touched this UFO that I forgot how to make the strip for the Accordion Carpenters Wheel. It is an interesting technique created by Beth Helfer of Eva Paige Quilt Designs.
I made the center of the Wheel in December.


After several attempts to make the accordion strip, I gave up and emailed Beth. She set me straight. She also pointed to the YouTube video part 1 This is the  part 2 of the Carpenter Wheel before cutting it open. Part 3 is how I have to cut it before assembly. The Accordion Carpenters wheel  was a course she had on Facebook in a closed group. Some beautiful Wall hangings were created




I got better at doing the 1/4 inch seam as I went along. It goes fast once you get your rhythm. After I do the part 3 and assemble the pieces I will have a Carpenters Wheel that fits perfectly and look something like this.


If you want to see more about this, here is the

The Carpenter's Apprentice Sewalong on Facebook.  


With that said I will be using this same UFO as One Month Goal for March
Getter Done!!! 


Happy Quilting

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment