Sunday, June 3, 2018

SundayStash 6/3/2018 & OMG June

This was a very busy month with graduations and birthdays. 
I didn't start the OMG/UFO until May 30th. The Pink Baby quilt is quilted and trimmed but needs the binding.  I am going to use black with white dots. This poor little quilt is butt ugly. It is a UFO from around 2000. It will go the Charity quilts on Wednesday. 




Poor Pinky!

I sewed my X-Marks the block into 4 patches but that is as I got. It rained and rained so I never got to the guild charity sew last Wednesday. My machine was in the car but my umbrella and jacket were at my daughters house. Every time I tried to leave that house it rain so hard the street flooded. I gave up at 10:30. It didn't stop raining until 2:30 in the afternoon




OMG for June - Birthday Sewing

2 pairs of PJ shorts with patch pockets. 
Backpack/walker bag.
UFO is accordion Carpenters Wheel - finish boarders and sandwich.


Also my sister-in-law asked me to finish a quilt her mother started when she was pregnant with her daughter. She is now 34. Her other daughter is having her first child,  due in September. We hope to finish it before the shower. I have not seen it in 25 years so I don't know how much is left to be done. they were hand sewing it.  I have no hand skills to speak of. I DO NOT do hand sewing. So If she wants it finished I will do it by machine. If she wants it by hand she will have to tackle this herself.


Stash Report   5/27 - 6/2 Week 22 - 2018
Fabric used this week: 3 yard  + Scraps 
Fabric used to Date:     18 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 59 yards
Net used for 2018: 18 yards      Net in the red -   36 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards


350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
5/27 - 6/2
Blocks made 0
YTD made 240




15 Minute Challenge:  
5/27- 6/2         5 of 7 days
2018 Total          120 of 141
   days
Percentage of days sewn 85%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!
UFO finished for March - 0  I am consistent!!! 
UFO finished for April - 1 Spool Wall hanging! Woot
UFO finished for May - Pink Baby Quilt.




4 comments:

  1. I think pinky looks great! When I live with a project for too long, I know my appreciation for it dwindles. I am sure it will be loved again someday. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you don't do hand sewing. I do a some but I'm almost never generous to do it as a favor for someone else. I've worked on a few older quilt tops. My customers haven't been all that upset about doing everything by machine including the bindings. Good luck getting the baby quilt done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding time to sew most days this week. Hope the quilt for your SIL is almost finished so there's not much work left to do. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete