Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Stash June 24, 2018 Scraps+

This week was a rough one. Have I said that before? Probably.
I did put a narrow grey border on the Carpenters Wheel. I still have to decide how big I want that quilt to be. Should it be a wall hanging or bed quilt. I also finished sewing together the blocks on X-marks the blocks and put the first border on. What color would you suggest for the final border?




20 crumb blocks finished as well. Crumbs are 5",  6.5", and 8.5".
I have 58 so far. These will be for Charity quilts. I will work on these throughout 
the year. 





Spent the rest of the week trying to figure out how to make my daughter  a messenger bag. I have not sewn a stitch. I am having problems with the fabric. The design on the fabric I ordered from Spoonflower was so big that I can't use it for this. It is also to beautiful to cut up in little pieces. I will make a lap quilt with it. I can't show it to you because I don't want her to see it.

So I ordered more fabric. The fabric I ordered was  from Cotton and Steel. Vertical and horizontal rows, black and a thin cream design of owls. The print is off by an full inch. My daughters OCD for all things crooked is epic. It makes her very uncomfortable and she can't stop looking at it. So what to do now. Well I trashed my sewing room trying to find something suitable. I am going to visit her in a couple weeks and want to get this done. It is for her walker. I may settle for something with all over pattern and use the other fabric inside the bag. I dare her to shove her head in there to stare at it! LOL!!!

I did buy fabric this week. It was 1/2 yards of solids. I didn't have anything bright in the way of solids. Now I do. I have been eyeing all those quilts with bright solids. Sure, I need another project. Don't You!


Stash Report   6/17- 6/23 Week 25 - 2018
Fabric used this week: 1 yard   
Fabric used to Date:     24 yards
Fabric Added this week: 5 yards  (Solids)
Fabric Added Year to Date: 64 yards
Net used for 2018: 24 yards      Net in the red -   40 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards


350 Block Challenge 2018 at Prairie Moon Quilts
6/17 - 6/23
Blocks made 20
YTD made 260




15 Minute Challenge:  
6/17- 6/23         4 of 7 days
2018 Total          138 of 162 days
Percentage of days sewn 85%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[
UFO finished for February - 0  ugh!
UFO finished for March - 0  I am consistent!!! 
UFO finished for April - 1 Spool Wall hanging! Woot
UFO finished for May - Pink Baby Quilt.





Aileen in Florida

6 comments:

  1. Your scrappy quilt top looks great. I think you should border it in scraps too.

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is awesome! I love scrappy quilts - and bindings! I agree with Cynthia - a scrappy binding would be lovely! Or the same color as your sashing....... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy quilt is looking good. Dark green would make a nice frame and go well with the gold. Good luck on finding a fabric for the messenger bag. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blue would be a nice finish for that gold border and it will make the blues pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block totals are coming along great! I feel lucky if I get 20 done in a month! I was thinking blue after the gold, too, though green would match the center part. Either would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aileen Thank you for your encouragement on our new Improv blog...I see you are from Florida. I spent 20 years in Miami...xo

    ReplyDelete