Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Easy Street 5

Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas!

It has been crazy here for days. Bet it's been like that at your house too!
Easy Street Part 5 went very fast. Cut out on Friday and finish sewing blocks on Saturday.

Here are all my blocks! Ready to be assembled. Can't wait for the next step.

In the meantime what am I going to sew. I mailed all the Christmas goodies I made. Cleaned up the sewing room and made a few more e-reader stands.

The only thing left is to dig into the UFO pile. There are many! I gave away a lot of orphan blocks several months ago that were haunting me. I only kept a few really old things. One was the Pumpkin wall hanging from way back when, that I quilted for Thanksgiving.



This is another one from around 2000. It was a sorry little laptop. I was teaching a class on fusible web. At that time fusible web was like a brick. So thick it made the top really rigid. I used blocks from several books. I don't remember where I got them at this point. I think I drafted the angel and snowmen but not even sure anymore. LOL

On Saturday after starching the daylights out of the top, I sandwiched it and started FMQ. Even with the starch the white area was stretching. So I quilted the heck out of that area. All and all it looks nice. Nothing I would want to give away. Just a quilt we will pull out for Christmas.



GRANDSON APPROVED!

Merry Christmas!


Go to Bonnie's Linky page to see what eveyone else is up to!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on Step 5 and keeping up with the mystery! I love the kitty picture at the top of your blog. :) Looks like he's a good quilt inspector too! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking great! I'm ready for the next step too and quite anxious to find out what our quilts are going to look like. Good for you for getting the sewing room cleaned up! I did the same thing after the last Christmas item was finished. Your quilt inspector is really cute. I've got one myself. Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to get UFOs finally done. I'm hoping we join some of the mystery units together this week. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete