Friday, February 14, 2014

Freezing in FL

It has been cold in Florida on and off.  My friends up north are so snowed in that I feel bad complaining. One day very cold, then in the 70's in the afternoon. Have not taken so much Airborne in my life. I have skirted many a cold and flu this season. I know it will get me eventually! Hubbie is sick, sick, sick. This man never gets sick. Head and chest at the same time. Needless to say, I am getting him what he needs then high tailing it out of the room to a neutral germ free corner. At least I can dream. Right!

January Resolution was to get organized. With a lot of help from my husband, my sewing area is now 11 x 13 feet. Both sewing machines are in the same room. Extension table for machine quilting on the Janome is attached to the wall. WOOT! No more moving furniture to make the area hold the weight of the quilt! Just need to get better lighting. One bulb is just not going to do it with these old eyes.

I have sorted all my fabric.....well all that I have found. You know somewhere there is an allusive tub of fabric that will show up when I think I have finished. The other sewing room (8 x 10 on a good day) at opposite end of the house, will be used for drawing patterns and crafting. The lighting is better in there. Also will hold 90 percent of my fabric until I can figure out what I can do with 41 years of Christmas ornaments and memories. Ironing station is in my bedroom across the hall. Safer when grandson is around.

I did have a setback. Tried to nail 6 nails into the wall to hang up my rulers. They bit back and my neck and shoulder have been in a great deal of pain. No amount of meds, hotpads or cold packs is relieving it. All I can hope is that it is a sprain and not any damage to my cervical spine plate. Its been 5 days and it hurts just the same as day one.

Not to be defeated by nails, I woke at 1 am and sorted out the strings in color families and a bucket of crumbs was born. Then went back to bed with the hotpad for a few more winks. Tonights adventure will be to empty my 6 little drawers into a box and then actually put what I really need in them. Tomorrow I will cut the small stack of odd fabric for the scrap system. I was in better shape than I thought!

Well on my way to finishing Resolutions #1, 2 and 3.
Next tub is the UFO tub.... a lot of forgotten souls in there. Time to find them a home.

As for Louie's wallhanging.  I finished it last Friday and gave it to him to take home. Told him to find the hearts. He really like it!.


 
Hope where you are is Warm and Cozy. Heading back to my warm Easy Street quilt and dreams of fabric fairies finishing my sewing room
 
Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment