Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ground Hogs and Super Bowl

Happy February everyone!

 Today is Hubsters 60th birthday. Happy Birthday Steve! My favorite Ground Hog!

Awesome Win by Sea Hawks!!

Family came over to celebrate! Was terrific seeing the kids . Baby Raina took her first solo steps the other day and has been trying them out while here. She is very curious about everything. I spent 2 hours cleaning carpets and floors so she could cruise at will. Child proofing once again. Loved walking her from place to place. She is very independent. My daughter is going to have her hands full for sure!





2014 NewFO ChallengeCheck out what everyone started in January! You're not alone!!!!
http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2014/01/january-newfo-linky-party-and-giveaway.html


I did get a few things accomplished in January!


January was Louie's 4th  birthday. He is Angry Bird CRAZY!!! He comes to visit with a large plastic shopping bag filled to the brim with his Angry Birds, Bad Piggies and just for good measure a few mini monster trucks. He received angry bird everything.  I made him a pillow case and 2 pairs of Pajama pants. He loved them and used them right away.


After Christmas we hit Joann's. They were having 50 % off a lot of fabric. Louie tells me he see Angry bird fabric. I don't see anything. He insists it is right there.  I turn the corner and he points half way across the store to the far wall up on to the top shelf. There on top is Fleece fabric with Angry Birds and Helmet Pig.  I get my number and have associate check for me. I still don't see any pigs on it all. She gets it down and he tells me he wants enough to cover him on the couch and bed. 40 % off for something I know he will use, sure why not! Got home and hemmed it for him. We also found a 12 inch Red Bird for 3.00 at Kmart. He was in Angry bird heaven . Now that s one happy kid!




These are very late. I wanted to get them done for Christmas. Too much on my plate so I tackled them after New years.

My daughter needs a new quilt for her bed. I made them one  almost 11 years ago. I intended to make them one for their 10 anniversary and then pushed it to Christmas. Then pushed it again.
She is short and he is tall. As many couples do, they have blanket wars. I decided to make  two blankets that are alike, This way they can make the bed and it looks like one blanket.  I wanted fast and Big Blocks. They came out to 16 1/2 inches These are some of the blocks. There are forty 48 blocks. All were suppose to be cut like Bento blocks but she likes them 1/2 and 1/2 . This now requires trimming down 24 blocks to the size of the Bento blocks. Because they both love Skulls, there are many skull fabrics in there. Even a zombie fabric.  Many of the ladies at the Forum donated skull fabric to my cause. Originally the skull fabric were going to be 4 patch cornerstones. I received so many pieces that the Bento blocks would be a better way to show the fabrics,

 

After getting a uniform size, I will be adding a black boarder to all the blocks.  Just hoping this is done by there 11th Anniversary in May or is it June??????

Working on Valentines wall hanging for Louie, I made him a Birthday cake one last year. He informed me the other day that it is not right. I asked why. He says not my birthday anymore. He's way of saying get on the ball grandma and do something! So I started these.





Hope everyone is safe and warm.
Happy February!

Sew and make someone happy, even if it is just YOU!

Aileen in Florida

3 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet Valentine's quilt. Looks like you have lots of company there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the doll quilters swap group :0), I see we both love Bonnie Hunter and doll quilts, I use to live in Florida too.

    Happy Sewing, I am now a follower of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete