Monday, April 30, 2018

OMG April ends




I was determined to work on my April OMG. I moved it from one side of the sewing room to the other, all month long. I opened it up, flattened it out, ironed it, got the batting out and then..............I moved it off the table. Today is April 30th. I put on my big girl pants and sandwiched the Spool wall hanging. I quilted it. SID around the spools and Swirls on the blue boarder. Though I couldn't finish it today, at least I got over that hump. I will finish it this week and hang it on my quilt rack by the weekend.




I made this wall hanging with the leftovers from a Spool Quilt I made and gave to my granddaughter for Christmas 2016. I really like that quilt. It had a lot of memories. I started sewing those spool blocks while recovering from cervical spine surgery in 2014.

I’m linking up to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the April OMG Finish. Check out all the wonderful finishes!  

I also worked on the January/February OMG UFO.
The Accordion Carpenters Wheel. It was such a long time between starting it and picking it up again that I forgot how to assemble it. All the parts had been cut out for months. Its not finished because it is bigger than I thought and I don't know where I will hang it. So have to figure out the boarders.



It was hard for me to get motivated this month. I decided to do mindless sewing and make some scrap blocks. These are X Marks the Block from Fabric Therapy I made thirty center coins strips. It took a few more days to start building the sides of the X.


I probably would do the X in Black or White as shown in Fabric Therapy but I still like it. One of the ladies at my Wednesday sew class kept saying..."Boy that's colorful"!  I don't think it was her taste. Ha Ha! It's okay not to like something.


Happy Sewing


Aileen in Florida











3 comments:

  1. I love the color in all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a deadline to motivate us, right? Your projects are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered that if I have a 'deadline' on something, then I don't want to work on it. I have a few deadline things, and I want to work on anything but those deadline things.

    ReplyDelete