Sunday, August 12, 2018

Bagged it and Stash Report August 12 2018

The week before leaving for Seattle I worked on a messenger/walker bag for my daughter. It took me forever because I was designing as I went along. I started with owl fabrics and a piece of blue fabric. My daughter had so many requirements but I manage to get them all into this bag.

She wanted a bag that could hang on her walker and be a messenger bag when need be. Had to have a flap that could be secured so no one could stick their hand inside zipper area. The main zipper had to open up big. Needed to have inside side pockets for her water bottles, and places for med papers, pen, tablet, headphones, power brick, mini speaker, some meds, and misc girl stuff. An outside zipper for her phone....


These pictures are on my walker. Hers is a smaller walker.



The flap has a angled zipper (she wanted this angle as decorative element) for her phone. I put a small piece of fabric that says love is love as the lining, which I signed. I used those plastic clips that are on school bags to secure the flap and also tiny ones to strap the bag to the walker for easy removal of bag. When the flap is up there is another usable pocket. The main zipper is the kind that opens in both directions.




On the outside back of the bag is a zipper in black so it is unnoticeable. She didn't see it at all. LOL. On the outside sides there are pockets for drinks and misc stuff. The rings are for the crossbody strap to turn it into a messenger bag. 


On the inside of the bag are side pockets for her water bottle and crossbody strap. A blue zipper with a deep pocket. In front of this area I added a shorter row of pockets for small items. The opposite side has deep pocket that is pleated on the bottom to give more room for her tablet and some papers.

 

I was still working on this the night before my flight. I like the way it came out and will be making one for myself. She filled it up after hugging it for a long while.  It has to weigh over 10 lbs now! I think she like it a lot!
Now I have to make one for my walker!

*********************************

Stash Report   8/05- 8/11 Week 32 2018
Fabric used this week: 2 yard   
Fabric used to Date:     34 yards
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 74 yards
Net used for 2018: 29 yards      Net in the red -   40 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards    (Not doing good on this)


15 Minute Challenge:  
8/05- 8/10       4 of 7 days
2018 Total          149 of 223 days
Percentage of days sewn 67% (BOO) I was on vacation for a month. No sewing ;>(

Link to Stash Report August 12, 2018

Link to Stitching report August 12, 2018

3 comments:

  1. Your bag is AWESOME!! Your daughter had so many requests and you managed to make a bag that had everything she asked for. You're a good Momma. I love the owls and that you managed to add a little "love" in the zipper pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a bag! Lots of useful features and it's so cute. Hope you had a very nice visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy bag! My little quilt guild has made walker bags for veterans. Ours are not very fancy. I have a lady at church that I need to make a walker bag for.

    ReplyDelete