Monday, August 6, 2018

Good to be home

Hi Everyone. It has been four weeks since I have posted anything. I went on vacation to visit my daughter in Seattle Washington. We had a marvelous time. Went up to Mt Rainier and got a good up close look at this beautiful mountain. My husband was in such awe at the beauty of nature in this area of the world, that he could not stop smiling. He did go fishing at Washington Lake a few times. He enjoyed the fishing but the breathtaking view of the mountains and forest was all he talked about. We also went to the Grove of the Patriarchs. Very ancient large trees. I could not make it down the trail with my walker but DH brought back some beautiful pictures.



I got home and came down with a virus that I have been fighting for 6 days. Not fun, fever, migraines and upset intestines. Needless to say I have done Zero in my sewing room.

Today I decided that just cleaning up my space may make me feel better, and get me back sewing. Christmas is not that far away and my goal is to make everyone handmade gifts. I have SABLE, do you??? Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy. Even so I purchased flannel fabric while in Seattle. How can you beat 99 cents and 69 cents a yard. So I bought 10 yards. 5 yards for backing and 5 yards for pajama shorts. I also got 4 yards of Tardis/Van Gosh fabric. My daughter wants a quilt from this fabric but I thought I would get enough for a backing for a lap quilt she also wants and kill two birds with one stone.

This past week I decided to teach my 5 year old granddaughter to make a simple skirt. She did very well. I have the Janome 6600 with the on/off button which made it easy for her to control the sewing. 
She is a Fashionista! LOL. I told her to strike a pose. LOL



Stash Report   6/07- 8/04 Week 26 thru Week 31- 2018
Fabric used this week: 5 yard   
Fabric used to Date:     32 yards
Fabric Added this week: 10 yards  (Sale 99 cents and 69 cents a yard for flannel!)
Fabric Added Year to Date: 74 yards
Net used for 2018: 27 yards      Net in the red -   42 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards    (Not doing good on this)



15 Minute Challenge:  
7/29- 8/04         3 of 7 days
2018 Total          145 of 216 days

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful 4 weeks in Washington. We've been twice and are ready to go back again. Hopefully you can get back into a sewing groove and get all your Christmas gifts going this month. Thank you for linking up with the 15 Minutes to Stitch last week. Hope this week was even better.

    ReplyDelete