Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Knits, Stitch and Stash 8-26-18

Knits--UGH

Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought. Wrangling the fabric is the pits. I made my daughter a pair of leggings. They fit her until she bent over and the stitches ripped. Ugh. Also since I drafted the pattern myself, there was a waist issue. She kept turning them around looking for the back. I had hacked off what I thought was a mistake in my draft....LOL! Live and learn. Looks like its time to vacuum again.



I have done a lot of sewing this week. I went to the Wednesday sew group and stayed for 6 hours. Started a charity quilt. I made a cutting error and tried to work around it. Nope! Got friendly with Mr. Jack.


Finished another pair of PJ shorts for my grandson. These are made of the remaining fabric from the last ones but I added side seam pockets and he asked for the patch pockets to be more toward the front then the sides. I think this pattern is his favorite. His mother was yelling at him not to wear the 2 pairs back to back as everyone will think he doesn't change his clothes. LOL! Typical teen answer...So?

Anyway this the only picture I have of him ALMOST smiling....he has the pants on backwards. LOL! I told him if he didn't send me a picture wearing them, I wouldn't make anymore. Grandma for the win!



I also fixed a t-shirt for my daughter. She has lost 65 lbs and everything is big on her. So I took it in.....a tiny bit to much. She was not amused. She is still losing weight so in a few more lost pounds it won't fit like a bologna skin! Hey I am trying to recycle, aren't I?



Stash Report   8/19- 8/25 Week 34 2018
Fabric used this week: 2 yard   
Fabric used to Date:     40 yards
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards       
Fabric Added Year to Date: 74 yards 
Net used for 2018: 40 yards      Net in the red - 34 yards
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards     


15 Minute Challenge:  
8/19- 8/25          7 of 7 days
2018 Total          163 of 237 days

1 comment:

  1. I have no clue how to sew clothing, especially knits. I'm a straight stitch gal.

    ReplyDelete