Monday, September 24, 2018

Sunday Stash and Stitch 9-23-18

Clothing alterations still going on. My granddaughter has outgrown a lot of her clothes. I had made her a My Lil Pony top and shorts. The shorts are gone but the top did not pass the arms in the air test. School does not allow bellies to show. So instead of chucking the top I added a ruffle and some lace to the bottom. While I was at it I made her leggings.


She sent me a nice voicemail saying she loved it. I couldn't ask for more!

Some sewing on charity quilts this week. Our Guild charity sew on Wednesday set a goal to finish 350 quilts by Thanksgiving. We are going strong. So far we have 232+ quilts finished and another 100 tops in kits ready to be finished.

I had a very bad time with my Janome 6600 sewing machine on Saturday and Sunday. I will have to take it in and have it checked. I think it is at least 12 years old. While sewing using the pedal it beeps and hesitates. I am going to test in today using the auto button. I really don't want to upgrade to a new machine. I have about 8 machines in the house but this is the one I use for FMQ. Will let you know what happens.

As for my sewing and stash, my math was so off I had to fix a few posts. Somewhere I started subtracting days instead of adding them in. SMH!
Simplified it a bit so my brain does not explode. LOL!

Stash Report   9/16 - 9/22  Week 38 2018
Fabric used this week: 2 yard   
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards   
Fabric Added Year to Date: 94 yards 
Net used for 2018: 47 yards   
      
GOAL for Year - 60 yards     


15 Minute Challenge:  
9/16- 9/23         7 of 7 days
2018 Total         191 of 265 days

Happy Sewing! 

Aileen in FL

3 comments:

  1. That's a very cute outfit for a cute little girl. Congrats on finding time to stitch each day last week. Hope this week is as good. Thank you for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sewing and quite a lovely amount of stash used, almost to your goal! Your granddaughter is adorable, and looks so cute in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the even older, Janome 4800QC (14 years ago). So far, it works nice. I do wish it had more room under the arm. It would make it easier to straight line quilt.

    ReplyDelete