Tuesday, September 11, 2018

When family finds out your sewing garments

Yesterday was a tough day. My SIL is in a group that do live action role play or LARP for short. Just as with Civil War re-enactment they have to wear period costumes.

I spent 6 1/2 hours altering a pair of LARP pants. The fabric was canvas. Every seam was surged then sewed down. 4 hours to unsew, 2 1/2 hours to resew. He is 5'11" and weighs nothing. He purchased a size large. His waist is 29! I removed 6 1/2 inches of fabric and he still had wiggle room. I told my daughter to feed him Pecan Pie if they are still to big!


This picture is before I went back in the back seam and took out another
2 inches. When I hung them up next to his jeans, I realized they were still to big.

At least they did fit and my daughter said he was parading around the house with them on for quite some time. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment