Saturday, December 30, 2017

UFO Challenge for 2018

Patchwork Times is running a UFO Challenge. There are no rules. It is just a way to keep track and try and get those UFO out of your closets, from under the bed etc.

I try to do one UFO before I start cutting another quilt project out. Sometimes I am successful, other times... the temptations are so strong that I crumble and start something new. Well, the thing about new projects is it does get you motivated to sew...

UFO's 2018


  1. Allietare Quilt. - needs 2 borders, pieced back, sandwich & quilt. 
  2. Halloween quilt - backing, sandwich & quilt.
  3. Stack and Whack - top, etc
  4. Jar Quilt- QAYG. Sashing, backing & batting.
  5. Amber/Wes signature quilt. Assemble, back, batting quilt 
  6. Wes dragon quilt. Globe and claw. Backing, Sandwich, quilt.
  7. Convex illusion. Finish top, sandwich and quilt.
  8. Sampler. Finish last block, backing batting quilt.
  9. Seattle Skyline Wallhanging. Needle, borders, back sandwich & quilt.
  10. Spool Wallhanging. Batting and backing. quilt
  11. Lighthouse Wallhanging. Needs lighthouse dome.
  12. Ugly pink baby quilt top. Quilt and donate.
  13. Accordion Carpenters Wheel.




This is a start. I am sure if I actually took my closet apart I would find a few more. 2 years ago I donated a LOT of UFO's to a church in Canada and to a group that was making quilts for survivors of a fire up in Washington state. It felt good to give away many UFO's I knew I would never finish because I no longer was attracted to them. Some were early experiments in learning new techniques. Other were WWIT, What Was I Thinking!!! 

Happy Quilting, Sewing and Organizing for the New Year!!

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment