Sunday, December 10, 2017

Saturday flew

Sometimes the day starts out terrific an ends with a fizzle.
I was intent on sewing today. Many of life's interruptions just came rolling in. When I looked up at the clock it was 3 pm already. 6 hours had disappeared. Sigh.

I finally was ready to quilt the dog quilt. I had intended to try some fancy quilting, but the more I thought about it, the more I talked myself back into my original plan. Just meander. This is for my grandson's 1st birthday in May. It is meant to be dragged, stomped on, soiled, squashed and loved until it is a rag. I want it soft and cuddle worthy. He is 6 months old right now and currently in love with his gauze blanket. It is soft and airy. It is time to square the quilt and put on the binding. I may revisit this quilt with a little more quilting.



Moving on to a pillowcase set with Guardians of the Galaxy fabric. I originally order some Star Wars fabric but alas it was gone. I bought some Zelda fabric for the cuff but its not going to work color wise. The Star Wars would have because the background was taupe beige.  Never fear, I will stick it in the stash and let it marinate! LOL.


Time to start cutting!

Happy Sewing

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment